Friday, June 29, 2012

Let's Get Crusty: COD Takes GC

Bet many readers out there have rolled their eyes are various times while reading this blog, wondering when Crusty Old Dean would stop ranting and actually do something?  I am Crusty, but I am merciful, and COD forgives any who may have thought that.  Because Crusty Old Dean is delighted to announce he is teaming up with Susan Brown Snook and former nemesis turned un-indicted co-conspirator Scott Gunn to gather a group of like minded people at General Convention.

Join us on July 5 at 9:30 pm, exact location to be determined.  This will be a time for bishops, clergy, and lay people, some deputies, some representing various networks gathered at Convention, to come together and share our visions, dreams, and hopes for the kind of church we need to co-create.

We're calling it our Acts 8 moment: reflecting that critical turning point in the church, a time of conflict, which was the genesis of the great transformation that helped bring Jesus' message from the Jewish community to the include the entire world.  Crusty Old Dean wanted to call it the Matthew 8:22 moment but he was outvoted.  We are also hoping that ChurchSnobTEC will show up in a Guy Fawkes mask.

Link up with us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Acts8Moment#.  This is where we will be posting up-to-date information like where, exactly, we will be meeting.

And stayed tuned to Crusty Old Dean.  I will be posting by General Convention preview in the next 24 hours or so.

Crusty Old Dean will also be firing up his twitter account for up-to-the-minute snark alerts from General Convention.  Follow him on Twitter @crustyoldean.

6 comments:

  1. I won't be at GC, for reasons I've already made clear on my blog. But I want to be a part of this. Skype? Twitter? Keep me posted, and keep those of us involved who won't be in Indianapolis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awaiting further info. See you in Indy. Every new beginning is another beginnings end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my prayers. God be with y'all.

    http://aredstatemystic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be kept in the loop, and will send prayers, healing energy, and await a report. Sadly, I am only going to the last couple of days. (and it is because I'm going to a Lyle Lovett concert that night ... a girl has to make choices you know)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know, your graphic would make a great album cover for a Grateful Dead retrospective....just saying...hmmmm, maybe you can make "Touch of Grey" the official anthem for your Acts 8 moment? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l38YXrGJxx0

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't be in Indy until Friday but I'm in....I'd love to follow via twitter or Skype or something.

    ReplyDelete